SAMSUNG GT-B3410:HOT OR NOT?

On Saturday, 01 may 2010 I bought new phone. A Samsung GT-B3410 slide phone. Its one hell of a sexy phone that's why I purchased it. It is a simple version of a smart phone. Has basically everything most of us need, camera, FM radio, memory card slot, color screen (not sure why I wrote that and I already mentioned the camera, common sense), QWERTY keypad and also full touch screen. Full specifications below.



NETWORK
TYPE:GSM Quad-band phone capable of global roaming (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
DATA:Edge
SIZE
DIMENSIONS:4.03 x 2.06 x 0.63 inches (102.3 x 52.4 x 15.9 mm)
WEIGHT:4.01 oz (114 g)
BATTERY
TYPE:Li - Ion, 950 mAh
TALK: 5.83 hours (350 mins) of Talk time
STAND-BY:670 hours (28 days) of Stand-by time
MAIN DISPLAY
RESOLUTION:240 x 320 pixels
TYPE:262 144 colors, TFT
PHYSICAL SIZE:2.60 inches
TOUCH SCREEN:YES
CAMERA
RESOLUTION:2 megapixels Resolution
VIDEO:320x240 (QVGA)
FEATURES:Digital zoom, White balance, Multi shot, Frames, Effects, Self-timer
MULTIMEDIA
VIDEO PLAYBACK:MPEG4
MUSIC PLAYBACK:MP3
FM RADIO:FM, RDS
MEMORY
MEMORY SLOT:microSD
BUILT-IN:30 MB
INPUT
KEYBOARD:Full keyboard (QWERTY)
CONNECTIVITY
INTERNET:Access NetFront 3.5
USB:USB 2.0
BLUETOOTH: 2.1, Stereo Bluetooth
OTHER FEATURES
PHONEBOOK:1000 -names capacity; Ring ID, Picture ID, Multiple numbers per contact, Caller groups
PIM:Alarm, Calendar, To-Do / Tasks, Calculator, World Clock, Timer, Stopwatch, Notes, Converter, Unit Converter
VOICE:Recording, Speaker Phone
JAVA:Midp 2.0
E-MAIL:Yes
FCC Approved :Yes

specs courtesy of PHONEARENA.COM


I must not lie but I really am I love with this phone, the camera is great enough for me. I love taking photos but its not all that clear if you compare it to the other high end phones in the market.i love the fact that you take a photo when the phone is upright or in landscape view and also has a camera button on the lower right side of the phone.

Talking about the screen, when I saw it I was like wow! What a large screen. Damn I love this phone totally, I really do. The 2.6” display is totally fly especially when you are browsing. I have never opened my facebook mobile on such a big display before. There is freedom in browsing quite a lot of info is on your screen without you having to scroll. I was watching some videos on it there is some kind of problem not big though. The problem is if the video is less than 240x320 then the player does not stretch the video to fit, it just hangs in the middle of the screen. Its not in the least exciting.

The music player and FM radio work just fine, perfect in fact. In the music player you can create play-lists and add your own songs. Also if your song had some album art it can be seen on the player. The FM player I don't even know what to say coz its just basic. You can save upto 30 favorite stations. The external speaker of the phone is loud I must say, if you love loud music then you wont be disappointed and in addition the phone has a 3.5mm jack port. If you don't understand then it is the normal jack that you use to connect your headphone to your computer or something like that. Nice, I found that very impressive.

My major problem with the phone is the software part. I am talking about java software. Most java applications are not designed to turn with it when you slide it open and that's quite a serious problem to me. I cant even play games which I have downloaded because it is impossible for me do so. The only java application that turns with the sliding is palringo because it was made specifically for this phone. I know that many other users of this phone have this problem. It annoys me real bad to know that I have a damn fine phone that has some serious limitation that you cant know of when you are buying it.

Also if you don't know where you can get SAMSUNG PC STUDIO that works with your B3410 CLICK HERE to get it free from SAMSUNG.COM

0 comments:

Post a Comment